Ipods....

Dan04

OSNN Addict
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering with your normal everday Ipod, NOT the shuffles/minis etc what generation are they in and is there going to be a newer generation of them this year?

Why i ask is because what normally happens to me is ill go out and buy something and if i waited a week i couldve got a better version of the same product!

Any info is appreciated and if you have any links to sites that can "prove" your responses that would be great if not doesnt matter :p :)

iPod click wheel, iPod mini and iPod photo are G4, they came out a while after the summer i think i dont know when is G5 coming out but if you want the newest and best iPod then go with photo

I'd rather invest my money in upgrading my PC than on an Ipod.... No need for such an expensive music player. :p

well he is asking about which ipod he should get not if he should get a computer or an ipod

i already have the expensive pc hehe so the next thing is the ipod :) i think ill wait for G5 im in no rush.....thanks FishBoy

I bought a phone that's an MP3 player :) Motorola MPx220. I can put up to a 1GB card into it. It also plays videos and since it runs Windows Mobile 2003 I can do just about anything with it that my computer can do. This includes GPS Navigation software. Internet Explorer (I can view full websites, not just mobile sites) It syncs with my Outlook mailbox, calendar and contacts. It's a 1.3MP camera and a video cam. I have a Gameboy, NES and a SNES emulator on it. I can even use a dialup service to connect to the internet to get faster speeds than the WAP service gives me.

i like my ipod and everything but i would go with the sony psp. a lot more bang for ur $$$

FishBoy said:
iPod click wheel, iPod mini and iPod photo are G4, they came out a while after the summer i think i dont know when is G5 coming out but if you want the newest and best iPod then go with photo
you are mistaken my friend, only the ipod photo and the ipod click wheel are g4, the ipod mini has 2 generations the old one, and the one that comes in 4/6 (2nd generation.

themafia.69 said:
you are mistaken my friend, only the ipod photo and the ipod click wheel are g4, the ipod mini has 2 generations the old one, and the one that comes in 4/6 (2nd generation.
oh i thought the mini was counted as a g4

not sure if you'd want to.... but i kinda suggest looking at alternatives to iPod's. you can seriously get a lot more features and everything for the same amount of money, or less. there's always the GMini 400 from Archos, or one of the portable multimedia players from iRiver. iPods just really aren't all that in my mind. ya, they're smooth, but that's all they seem to have going for them.

thanks everyone ill look into that just soo much to choose from! ahhh the choices

prodj88 said:
no one uses the term generation with the mini's but okay
wrong once again, the only reason no one reffered to the minis with generation is because there was only one, now that there are two it can be used, but i bet no one will since they look the same, except for the new color

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back