• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

iPod Touch question

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
I've a question, well quite a few questions actually.

I'm getting a new iPod Touch and want all my music, purchases etc transfering on to it, how would I go about doing this?

My hubby wants my old iPod Touch which has paid for updates on it as only a 1st generation but if I do a full restore then allow him to make his own account on iTunes we'll lose these won't we as they'll only be associated with my account? :suprised:

I hope you can understand what I'm asking :laugh:

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
I've a question, well quite a few questions actually.

I'm getting a new iPod Touch and want all my music, purchases etc transfering on to it, how would I go about doing this?

My hubby wants my old iPod Touch which has paid for updates on it as only a 1st generation but if I do a full restore then allow him to make his own account on iTunes we'll lose these won't we as they'll only be associated with my account? :suprised:

I hope you can understand what I'm asking :laugh:
I don't know much about apple software but if you remember a while back I asked about an alternative program to itunes

that was the reason I needed the alternative program, I wound up using winamp and was able to drag and drop content but winamp is finicky and there might be a better program by now

here's the thread, there are a bunch of suggestions for ipod managers on that thread

Last edited:

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Thanks for the reply perris but my question isn't about an alternative to itunes. I'm wanting to know is it easy to put all my stuff on to a brand new iPod touch? My big question is about the software updates I paid for when giving the ipod to my hubby.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Thanks for the reply perris but my question isn't about an alternative to itunes. I'm wanting to know is it easy to put all my stuff on to a brand new iPod touch but the main question is about the software updates I paid for when giving the ipod to my hubby.
aha, I misunderstood, hopefully someone who knows the hardware can help you then

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User

epk

Political User
idk if this is too obvious and all.. but back up everything!
stupid apple doesnt have any cloud synchronizing, so if u lose ur stuff, its gone (ok, there are ways to get it back from the ipod, but not a simple task)

and.. anyway, with the backup (just copy the itunes library somewhere) u should keep all the stuff

RepairComputerGuru

OSNN One Post Wonder
You should be able to just plug and play using the same Itunes account. I can tell you that if you want to use any firmware updates from your previous account to your new Itouch..You should have no problems just plugging in an synching.

Hope this makes sense.....Check out this website also for some tips and tricks..

www.iclarified.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix