iPod Touch question

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
I've a question, well quite a few questions actually.

I'm getting a new iPod Touch and want all my music, purchases etc transfering on to it, how would I go about doing this?

My hubby wants my old iPod Touch which has paid for updates on it as only a 1st generation but if I do a full restore then allow him to make his own account on iTunes we'll lose these won't we as they'll only be associated with my account? :suprised:

I hope you can understand what I'm asking :laugh:

I've a question, well quite a few questions actually.

I'm getting a new iPod Touch and want all my music, purchases etc transfering on to it, how would I go about doing this?

My hubby wants my old iPod Touch which has paid for updates on it as only a 1st generation but if I do a full restore then allow him to make his own account on iTunes we'll lose these won't we as they'll only be associated with my account? :suprised:

I hope you can understand what I'm asking :laugh:
I don't know much about apple software but if you remember a while back I asked about an alternative program to itunes

that was the reason I needed the alternative program, I wound up using winamp and was able to drag and drop content but winamp is finicky and there might be a better program by now

here's the thread, there are a bunch of suggestions for ipod managers on that thread

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply perris but my question isn't about an alternative to itunes. I'm wanting to know is it easy to put all my stuff on to a brand new iPod touch? My big question is about the software updates I paid for when giving the ipod to my hubby.

Thanks for the reply perris but my question isn't about an alternative to itunes. I'm wanting to know is it easy to put all my stuff on to a brand new iPod touch but the main question is about the software updates I paid for when giving the ipod to my hubby.
aha, I misunderstood, hopefully someone who knows the hardware can help you then

Thanks Xie, we aready do the 3rd method for his iPod Nano so we're just gonna stick with that and he'll use my apple id. :)
Glad to help. :) Would be nice if you didn't have to ask/search about and they would just tell you.

idk if this is too obvious and all.. but back up everything!
stupid apple doesnt have any cloud synchronizing, so if u lose ur stuff, its gone (ok, there are ways to get it back from the ipod, but not a simple task)

and.. anyway, with the backup (just copy the itunes library somewhere) u should keep all the stuff

You should be able to just plug and play using the same Itunes account. I can tell you that if you want to use any firmware updates from your previous account to your new Itouch..You should have no problems just plugging in an synching.

Hope this makes sense.....Check out this website also for some tips and tricks..

www.iclarified.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back