iPod Encryption

turu

OSNN Newbie
Well, I can make a password protected mountable section on my Mac hard drive but I was wondering if I can do the same thing on my iPod? Thanks.

Just make an AES encrypted DMG file and keep it on your iPod, you'll only be able to open it on your Mac though

FYI you do this with the Disk Utility

Thank you. Now, when you say that I only will be able to open it on my Mac, does that mean I won't be able to open it on my iPod? Here is my situation, maybe there is another solution, I record music professionally, so I like to put the studio tracks on my iPod to listen to when i have the chance and then make changes or learn the songs better, whatever. However, sometimes I let people listen to my iPod but I would rather they not have access to these tracks that are not finished or released to the public yet. So I would like to be able to put these tracks somewhere that only I have access to them but I can freely let someone use my iPod for everything else that is on there. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

There is no current method to lock certain tracks from being played, anything which is on your iPod can be listened to. As X-Istence has said you would need to get another iPod or something else to play the "work in progress" tracks and not let anyone else listen to it.

i don't have my ipod with me, but i think you can just exclude the tracks from the playlists on your ipod, and remove the "songs" and perhaps "artists" items from the menu.

for anyone (including you) to listen to those tracks, they will have to enable the correct menu items and select the songs manually. not the ideal solution, i know, but i think it would work.

I have an iPod mini and I can't remove the songs nor artists "playlist".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back