Invision board topic date

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
Hello,
Is there a way to change the "posted date" of a topic as an admin?
What im after is that when i post a topic and later edit something in that post, that the "posted date" of the topic will get the new date, so that it looks like its posted on the new date.
Is this possible, do i need a invision board hack for it?

Isn't there a tag left behind that says "edited on: date - time" ?

Doing what you want would make things look a bit strange. The posts would look out of order, and I think that the software may display them in order when read from the DB, making it impossible (I may be wrong though.)

Some people here use Invision on their own sites, so may be able to help more.

yes that tag can be left behind, but it doesn t have a affect for what i want. i have the ipdynamic lite portal with the board and that will add posts with a new date. replying or editing a post wont make it appear again in the list. only posts that are just posted are shown. Thats why i want to change the date on some posts i edit so that it will fool the portal and list them again. Now im deleting a post, and post a new one with the updated info, to let it show.
And order isnt a problem since i have the posts listed alphabetically sorted on their topic title.

no problem. i can do hacks as long as they have a good help description. I hope someone knows what to change :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back