Intetnet Problems

D

deathy

Lo, i have problems with internet.

i use mirc and for some reason i cant dcc send i can recieve.

also programs like msn, icq etc i cant recieve/send files at all

is there a fix or a solution for this????

L

Lactic.Acid

Using connection sharing? You'll need to set up some PAT or NAT then (port/network address translation). Using a firewall? Try turning it off. Does it work now? You have your answer then. If neither of these help, how about some details about your setup?
/Lactic

D

deathy

i had the problem before i evend installed firewall

and can you tell what to do with the other cos i dont understand that never done it :)

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
how is your comp setup and how are you connecting to the net?, what firewall do you use now? and did you make sure to turn off XP's default firewall?

D

deathy

how is your comp setup and how are you connecting to the net?, what firewall do you use now? and did you make sure to turn off XP's default firewall?

1 Server - 3 Comps Connected Via Hub
All running Xp
Using ICS
Firewall doesnt Matter
No Xp Firewall

Server Ip - 192.168.0.1
3 Machines - 192.168.0.??

Deathy

L

Lactic.Acid

where's your external connection in all this? Do you have a modem, DSL, T1, what...and is it connected to a computer running the ICS? (This is what I assume...) or is it plugged into your hub? Do these connections work from the "host" computer (directly connected)? Are you using Microsoft's ICS? Or a third party app.
/Lactic

D

deathy

where's your external connection in all this? Do you have a modem, DSL, T1, what...and is it connected to a computer running the ICS? (This is what I assume...) or is it plugged into your hub? Do these connections work from the "host" computer (directly connected)? Are you using Microsoft's ICS? Or a third party app

Im using Btinternet ADSL, whcih is directly connected into a server machine, running microsoft ICS, and it doesnt work when directly connected to the server machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut