Intetnet Problems

D

deathy

Lo, i have problems with internet.

i use mirc and for some reason i cant dcc send i can recieve.

also programs like msn, icq etc i cant recieve/send files at all

is there a fix or a solution for this????

Using connection sharing? You'll need to set up some PAT or NAT then (port/network address translation). Using a firewall? Try turning it off. Does it work now? You have your answer then. If neither of these help, how about some details about your setup?
/Lactic

i had the problem before i evend installed firewall

and can you tell what to do with the other cos i dont understand that never done it :)

how is your comp setup and how are you connecting to the net?, what firewall do you use now? and did you make sure to turn off XP's default firewall?

how is your comp setup and how are you connecting to the net?, what firewall do you use now? and did you make sure to turn off XP's default firewall?

1 Server - 3 Comps Connected Via Hub
All running Xp
Using ICS
Firewall doesnt Matter
No Xp Firewall

Server Ip - 192.168.0.1
3 Machines - 192.168.0.??

Deathy

where's your external connection in all this? Do you have a modem, DSL, T1, what...and is it connected to a computer running the ICS? (This is what I assume...) or is it plugged into your hub? Do these connections work from the "host" computer (directly connected)? Are you using Microsoft's ICS? Or a third party app.
/Lactic

where's your external connection in all this? Do you have a modem, DSL, T1, what...and is it connected to a computer running the ICS? (This is what I assume...) or is it plugged into your hub? Do these connections work from the "host" computer (directly connected)? Are you using Microsoft's ICS? Or a third party app

Im using Btinternet ADSL, whcih is directly connected into a server machine, running microsoft ICS, and it doesnt work when directly connected to the server machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back