• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

internet music streaming

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
I know the applications exist, i just can't think of the names of them. anyone know where i can find the applications that can play music and let others listen to it as well? kinda like your own personal internet music station.

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Bleh. no offense, but don't like winamp at all. i remember hearing of a standalone app that can do it, but i can't remember what the name of it was.

ElementalDragon said:
Bleh. no offense, but don't like winamp at all. i remember hearing of a standalone app that can do it, but i can't remember what the name of it was.
No offense taken. I'm a WMP10 person myself.

Will let you know if I find anything else.

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
xie, i would say yes, but it seems that IceCast is more along the lines of an actual internet radio station. I mean one where you play your own music from your computer, and other people can listen to it somehow, whether it connects via IP or something.

Geffy, what is VLC? and that's the reason i titled it internet music sharing, cause i don't want it for listening to an internet radio station like Winamp or Real Player can do.

ElementalDragon said:
Geffy, what is VLC? and that's the reason i titled it internet music sharing, cause i don't want it for listening to an internet radio station like Winamp or Real Player can do.
Yeah you want to setup an Internet Music Stream for others to listen to right??

VLC, Video Lan Client http://www.videolan.org/
You can use it to create streams of files or other things, so you can make it do music using its streaming wizard. I dont have a vast amount of experience with setting this up though, but its worth a try

ED, do you have a Nomad or an iPod or anything like that?

if you do then check out http://www.redchairsoftware.com/ they make software for windows which integrates with explorer, but another feature which it does which is pretty cool is setting up a small webserver app which allows people to access your mp3 player through a browser, they can then stream songs from it. Its quite cool, I sometimes do it over my network from my desktop machine to my laptop

ElementalDragon said:
i'd rather get Archos over iPod. others say they've had problems with it and absolutely love their iPod..... i never had a problem with mine when i had one.
It's just a matter of personal preference (and brandname loyalty :p). I'm not an iPod person myself either, but this really isn't taking the original topic anywhere. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814