internet music streaming

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
I know the applications exist, i just can't think of the names of them. anyone know where i can find the applications that can play music and let others listen to it as well? kinda like your own personal internet music station.

Bleh. no offense, but don't like winamp at all. i remember hearing of a standalone app that can do it, but i can't remember what the name of it was.

ElementalDragon said:
Bleh. no offense, but don't like winamp at all. i remember hearing of a standalone app that can do it, but i can't remember what the name of it was.
No offense taken. I'm a WMP10 person myself.
smile.gif

Will let you know if I find anything else.

not sure, but I think VLC can do this

Thread Title Edited

xie, i would say yes, but it seems that IceCast is more along the lines of an actual internet radio station. I mean one where you play your own music from your computer, and other people can listen to it somehow, whether it connects via IP or something.

Geffy, what is VLC? and that's the reason i titled it internet music sharing, cause i don't want it for listening to an internet radio station like Winamp or Real Player can do.

Oddcast for foobar 2000 :D

there is another "dj like" app too cant remember its name for the life of me thoough

ElementalDragon said:
Geffy, what is VLC? and that's the reason i titled it internet music sharing, cause i don't want it for listening to an internet radio station like Winamp or Real Player can do.
Yeah you want to setup an Internet Music Stream for others to listen to right??

VLC, Video Lan Client http://www.videolan.org/
You can use it to create streams of files or other things, so you can make it do music using its streaming wizard. I dont have a vast amount of experience with setting this up though, but its worth a try

ED, do you have a Nomad or an iPod or anything like that?

if you do then check out http://www.redchairsoftware.com/ they make software for windows which integrates with explorer, but another feature which it does which is pretty cool is setting up a small webserver app which allows people to access your mp3 player through a browser, they can then stream songs from it. Its quite cool, I sometimes do it over my network from my desktop machine to my laptop

ElementalDragon said:
nope, no iPod. and would never buy one either. too much of a ripoff
me neither, thats why I have a Nomad Zen, which I actually purchased through this board oddly enough :eek:

i'd rather get Archos over iPod. others say they've had problems with it and absolutely love their iPod..... i never had a problem with mine when i had one.

ElementalDragon said:
i'd rather get Archos over iPod. others say they've had problems with it and absolutely love their iPod..... i never had a problem with mine when i had one.
It's just a matter of personal preference (and brandname loyalty :p). I'm not an iPod person myself either, but this really isn't taking the original topic anywhere. :)

I'm not an iPod person myself either, but this really isn't taking the original topic anywhere.

guess you're right......... Geffy started it. :p

Wish i knew what the name of the app i saw was.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back