• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

installing the replacement fan on a8n sli deluxe

iceman7311

OSNN Senior Addict
i know that i have seen this before somewhere else but i would like to ask you all what you think

i just got my replacement fan from asus and i am wondering if one could just pull the old fan off or if you must take the mother board out of the case to insall the new fan?

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
When I installed mine I had to take everything apart to put it on, its kind of a pain to do but if gives you a chance to clean everything :p

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Luna said:
I need to get one for mine, do you have to contact them via phone? or can it be on onilne?
I did all my ordering via email, but dont be affraid to use the phone :p, its not all bad

Luna

OSNN Senior Addict
zeke_mo said:
I did all my ordering via email, but dont be affraid to use the phone :p, its not all bad
Well I do Helpdesk for a living so the last thing I want to do is talk to people who do the same thing I do :lick:

Aprox

Political User
No, you have to remove the old fan which requires you to get to the back of the mobo to remove the plastic clip things. Just use wire cutters to snip them off.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Aprox said:
No, you have to remove the old fan which requires you to get to the back of the mobo to remove the plastic clip things. Just use wire cutters to snip them off.
I pinched mine with some small plyers that way I can keep the little clip things intact

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies