installing the replacement fan on a8n sli deluxe

iceman7311

OSNN Senior Addict
i know that i have seen this before somewhere else but i would like to ask you all what you think

i just got my replacement fan from asus and i am wondering if one could just pull the old fan off or if you must take the mother board out of the case to insall the new fan?

When I installed mine I had to take everything apart to put it on, its kind of a pain to do but if gives you a chance to clean everything :p

I need to get one for mine, do you have to contact them via phone? or can it be on onilne?

Luna said:
I need to get one for mine, do you have to contact them via phone? or can it be on onilne?

I did all my ordering via email, but dont be affraid to use the phone :p, its not all bad

zeke_mo said:
I did all my ordering via email, but dont be affraid to use the phone :p, its not all bad

Well I do Helpdesk for a living so the last thing I want to do is talk to people who do the same thing I do :lick:

No, you have to remove the old fan which requires you to get to the back of the mobo to remove the plastic clip things. Just use wire cutters to snip them off.

Aprox said:
No, you have to remove the old fan which requires you to get to the back of the mobo to remove the plastic clip things. Just use wire cutters to snip them off.

I pinched mine with some small plyers that way I can keep the little clip things intact

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back