Installing Quicktime

wolvfj

White Wolf
Hi, I have quicktime and I want to uninstall everything, including my registration serial because I'm selling this computer to my friend and I'll be using my reg with a newer comp. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled to make sure it didn't save the registration but it was still there. Can anyone who knows how to get rid of all my information for quicktime after uninstalling please let me know. Thanks :)

wolvfj said:
Hi, I have quicktime and I want to uninstall everything, including my registration serial because I'm selling this computer to my friend and I'll be using my reg with a newer comp. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled to make sure it didn't save the registration but it was still there. Can anyone who knows how to get rid of all my information for quicktime after uninstalling please let me know. Thanks :)

These setting will all be in your registry which you can edit with regedit (Start -> run -> regedit), then goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\Quicktime and delete the Quicktime directory.

This *should* get rid of the key but i havent tried this so im guessing. Either way you should probably think about formatting your PC and doing a fresh install anyway before you hand it over - god knows what could be left on it accidentally.

Have you tried any kind of registry cleaner, or have you been doing it manually so far?

I actually did delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\Quicktime directory but that didn't work either. I never used a registry cleaner I just use regedit. Do you know a good free reg cleaner? thanks

If you're selling the machine, wouldn't a format/re-install be better? That would wipe all the apps, not just quicktime.

I reformatted it, I was just gonna give him it as it was to save him time but I suppose it's better to be safe then sorry =)

Well you never know what these apps leave lurking around. besides, gives him a nice fresh slate to play with :)

do not give this box away wthout a reformat

then you should shred the free space as well

Yeah you can never be sure of just wot is still lurking on your hard drive, previously deleted files and all sorts of things like that. A format really only removes the file allocation table and leaves the files intact just unaddressed, but you can still recover these files without the file allocation table.
So make sure it doesnt have any private information on it, do a disk wipe or something like that, though thats a really a bit much sometimes, esp if you actually really trust the person. Its all up to you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back