Installing Quicktime

Hi, I have quicktime and I want to uninstall everything, including my registration serial because I'm selling this computer to my friend and I'll be using my reg with a newer comp. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled to make sure it didn't save the registration but it was still there. Can anyone who knows how to get rid of all my information for quicktime after uninstalling please let me know. Thanks :)

wolvfj said:
Hi, I have quicktime and I want to uninstall everything, including my registration serial because I'm selling this computer to my friend and I'll be using my reg with a newer comp. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled to make sure it didn't save the registration but it was still there. Can anyone who knows how to get rid of all my information for quicktime after uninstalling please let me know. Thanks :)
These setting will all be in your registry which you can edit with regedit (Start -> run -> regedit), then goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\Quicktime and delete the Quicktime directory.

This *should* get rid of the key but i havent tried this so im guessing. Either way you should probably think about formatting your PC and doing a fresh install anyway before you hand it over - god knows what could be left on it accidentally.

I actually did delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\Quicktime directory but that didn't work either. I never used a registry cleaner I just use regedit. Do you know a good free reg cleaner? thanks

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
If you're selling the machine, wouldn't a format/re-install be better? That would wipe all the apps, not just quicktime.

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Yeah you can never be sure of just wot is still lurking on your hard drive, previously deleted files and all sorts of things like that. A format really only removes the file allocation table and leaves the files intact just unaddressed, but you can still recover these files without the file allocation table.
So make sure it doesnt have any private information on it, do a disk wipe or something like that, though thats a really a bit much sometimes, esp if you actually really trust the person. Its all up to you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut