Iframe help

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Ok so, i'm doing an Iframe and all is going well. In firefox it works fine. It only displays a vertical scrollbar when needed and doesn't display a horizontal one (cause its should never be needed)

But in IE (nobody say a word about how crap it is :)) it is fine as long as no scrollbars are needed but when a vertical one is needed it also displays a horizontal one no matter how wide the Iframe is.

Is there away to get IE to behave like firefox in this matter

I have looked around and the inline style style="overflow-x: hidden;" is supposed to work, but doesn't seem to do anything

Cheers

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I have absolutely no idea, however would love to hear a solution. The shoutbox on Camportal suffers from exactly the same problem.

The problem actually only arises with IE6, it appears fine in IE5.. I don't know if that would apply to yours also.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Have you tried setting overflow:auto

I know that works for <div>'s, I have not ever worked with frames.

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
LOL, i think i found the answer. You have to put scrolling="yes" in the iframe tag (not auto or left blank)

*EDIT*
Although in IE (only) then the vscroll bar is always there even if it doesn't need to be.... damn it! i can't win!

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Maybe create a javascript or sump, like
if (Mozilla)
document.write(!doctype etc);
else
//do nothing

Although I don't know if it works, since a Doctype has to be placed before any html/javascript.

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Ok i think i may have it working, lol
After spending more time with CSS than i care to mention. It now seems to work the same in both IE and FireFox (i don't care about anything else)

Only a vertical scroll bar when needed. never a horizontal one. You'd think it'd be easy!

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, guys. =\
I have my last final in 3 hours. If you still need to see how I did it, I'll post it sometime later today.
7 hours to go...woohoo!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut