Iframe help

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political Access
Ok so, i'm doing an Iframe and all is going well. In firefox it works fine. It only displays a vertical scrollbar when needed and doesn't display a horizontal one (cause its should never be needed)

But in IE (nobody say a word about how crap it is :)) it is fine as long as no scrollbars are needed but when a vertical one is needed it also displays a horizontal one no matter how wide the Iframe is.

Is there away to get IE to behave like firefox in this matter

I have looked around and the inline style style="overflow-x: hidden;" is supposed to work, but doesn't seem to do anything

Cheers

I have absolutely no idea, however would love to hear a solution. The shoutbox on Camportal suffers from exactly the same problem.

The problem actually only arises with IE6, it appears fine in IE5.. I don't know if that would apply to yours also.

Have you tried setting overflow:auto

I know that works for <div>'s, I have not ever worked with frames.

Attached: CamPortal shoutbox in IE4 (5 and 5.5 behave the same), then IE6 :\

SPeedY_B said:
Attached: CamPortal shoutbox in IE4 (5 and 5.5 behave the same), then IE6 :\
I don't have any old IE versions, but i get the same thing in FireFox, compared with IE6

NetRyder said:
I just checked the shoutbox iframe on my site in IE, and it seems to display only the vertical scrollbar. Check it out and let me know if that's what you're talking about:
http://www.kunal.kundaje.net/
Come on NetRyder, how did you get that to work! the whole needs to know! :p

I found one solution. Remove the !DOCTYPE delcaration, it works! lol. Although i'd rather leave it in

LOL, i think i found the answer. You have to put scrolling="yes" in the iframe tag (not auto or left blank)

*EDIT*
Although in IE (only) then the vscroll bar is always there even if it doesn't need to be.... damn it! i can't win!

Maybe create a javascript or sump, like
if (Mozilla)
document.write(!doctype etc);
else
//do nothing

Although I don't know if it works, since a Doctype has to be placed before any html/javascript.

Cool! It works. (the scrolling="yes" thing). Thanks Khayman, you finally fixed the only html-related problem on my website :D

Ok i think i may have it working, lol
After spending more time with CSS than i care to mention. It now seems to work the same in both IE and FireFox (i don't care about anything else)

Only a vertical scroll bar when needed. never a horizontal one. You'd think it'd be easy!

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, guys. =\
I have my last final in 3 hours. If you still need to see how I did it, I'll post it sometime later today.
7 hours to go...woohoo!
grin.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back