If you get vista, when will you get it?

when will you get vista?

• Total voters
Well I can't put my finger on wha I like, but I know it sucks to go back to XP when I get to work!

Perhaps I should install this on my production machine. There has been a lot of chatter about it recently. Does anyone know how long you have to activate it before it will start being mean?

EP: you could always send a copy my way. :) i could always use a second. or.... i should say i could always give a friend of mine a second copy.

EP: you could always send a copy my way. :) i could always use a second. or.... i should say i could always give a friend of mine a second copy.

EP, I live closer... send it my way please. ;) (I'm serious) :)
just quote me a price for the legit copy. lol

i live closest, and can do local pickup :p

I haven't even tried vista out yet, I think I might give it a whirl when my free copy gets here in the next month or so. Do you guys recommend it over XP for gaming and Graphic work and stuff? Is it easy to find *good* drivers for Vista?

I haven't even tried vista out yet, I think I might give it a whirl when my free copy gets here in the next month or so. Do you guys recommend it over XP for gaming and Graphic work and stuff? Is it easy to find *good* drivers for Vista?

I've only had time to play Counter Strike Source so far with Vista, and I can't say I've had a great experience with it. However, I can't say it was actually a bad experience either. I've noticed that the game tends to lag more than when I play in XP, not by much, but just enough to say I got fed up.

you probably won't really find "good" drivers until either the day of, or just before it's release.

my biggest issue at the moment is incomplete drivers from creative :) other than that my gaming experiance is better than XP :)

right..... forgot, EP's in the UK. fark.

oh well.... still have ONE free copy headed my way. :)

Lord: never tried gaming on it yet.... although when my 8800GTX get's here tomorrow, i MIGHT just have to try doing so. i actually tried playing WoW for a bit on Vista.... WOW was that buggy. kept seeing random crap appear on the screen. not really artifacts.... but more along the lines of what looked like really.... REALLY bad sync problems. like sometimes everything would jump up half the screen.

redownload and reinstall the nvidia drivers - there was a bug in thhe initial release that meant the drivers didnt actually get installed :p

well... come tomorrow i'll have my 8800GTX and i can try the Forceware Vista 100.30 drivers that are on Guru3D. :)

I want... no, I need an 8800 card.

lol. so did i. my mind was telling me to wait for a price drop, but my bank account was telling me "meh... you have the money...."

Once Intel and Logitech release drivers then I will install Vista on my production box. I'd like an 8800 before that. We'll see.

Yeah I got a Dinova Edge and a MX Revolution and only half the stuff works on either.

They look pretty though and I am sure Logitech will step up for once, they are their premium peripherals after all - shortly they can't **** this one up too.

Seriously if the product team and driver team were brothers one would be adopted, they are fantastic at getting this stuff out and horrible at supporting it

/still bitter from x64 and webcams and on that note there are no drivers for my webcam for vista either -- but my lifecam 6000 arrives whenever I can go to the depot and get it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back