IE question

C

Clean_Rich

I'm having that problem of getting the red X instead of pictures and graphics loading in websites. I thought I saw this problem posted before and searched but could not find the thread. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I'm on XP Pro and hooked up to a router. My XP firewall is off and I have no other software firewall running. Thanks.

C

Clean_Rich

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks Speedy_B. I wonder if anyone has had any luck with the reg edit? Although the timeout thing is a good thought, the pages load really fast as I have cable Internet, so it doesn't seem to be a timeout issue. Pages load in about one second or less but no graphics, at least on some pages. Weird??

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I have the problem with random red x's... I refresh and they load fine. I have broadband and I agree that it doesn't seem to be a timeout issue. Nevertheless, I tried the registry change and hopefully it will make a difference.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I dont use Ie so I wouldn't know, buuut, are there any updates/patches available for it which you dont have installed?

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Checking now........ yes there are! 4 critical updates... here they are:

818529: June 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

Flaw In Windows Media Player May Allow Media Library Access (819639)

811493: Security Update (Windows XP)

Q815021 XP: Security Update

It doesn't seem that any of these would have to do with this issue though.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Cumulative patch may.

I'm not really sure, I do have to use IE now and then when I'm not at my own machine etc, and I get this exact same problem, refresh and the images load... It does seem to be to be a general Ie problem rather than something specific to a certain config or setup.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I installed the patches and rebooted. I'll give some time to mess around in IE and then I'll report back whether I notice any changes or not.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Well, I'm still experiencing the problem. It makes no sense to me because of how random the occurrence is, and how a simple refresh fixes it. I can be looking at a single page just fine one minute, and then come back to it a minute later and have graphics that don't display. It's not a big problem, but it's really annoying. Makes me want to switch to Opera or Mozilla.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
This can be caused if you have modified the MaxConnectionPerServer and Per1_0Server registry entries. Make sure that they are no greater than 10 (0x0000000a). They are located here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings\

The defaults are MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server=dword:0x00000004
MaxConnectionsPerServer=dword:0x00000002

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut