IE question

C

Clean_Rich

I'm having that problem of getting the red X instead of pictures and graphics loading in websites. I thought I saw this problem posted before and searched but could not find the thread. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I'm on XP Pro and hooked up to a router. My XP firewall is off and I have no other software firewall running. Thanks.

Mine does that too. Glitch in IE I guess unless anyone else can shed any light?

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks Speedy_B. I wonder if anyone has had any luck with the reg edit? Although the timeout thing is a good thought, the pages load really fast as I have cable Internet, so it doesn't seem to be a timeout issue. Pages load in about one second or less but no graphics, at least on some pages. Weird??

I have the problem with random red x's... I refresh and they load fine. I have broadband and I agree that it doesn't seem to be a timeout issue. Nevertheless, I tried the registry change and hopefully it will make a difference.

I dont use Ie so I wouldn't know, buuut, are there any updates/patches available for it which you dont have installed?

Checking now........ yes there are! 4 critical updates... here they are:

818529: June 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

Flaw In Windows Media Player May Allow Media Library Access (819639)

811493: Security Update (Windows XP)

Q815021 XP: Security Update

It doesn't seem that any of these would have to do with this issue though.

Cumulative patch may.

I'm not really sure, I do have to use IE now and then when I'm not at my own machine etc, and I get this exact same problem, refresh and the images load... It does seem to be to be a general Ie problem rather than something specific to a certain config or setup.

I installed the patches and rebooted. I'll give some time to mess around in IE and then I'll report back whether I notice any changes or not.

Well, I'm still experiencing the problem. It makes no sense to me because of how random the occurrence is, and how a simple refresh fixes it. I can be looking at a single page just fine one minute, and then come back to it a minute later and have graphics that don't display. It's not a big problem, but it's really annoying. Makes me want to switch to Opera or Mozilla.

this has been a known issue since sp 1

I don't know if there's a fix

This can be caused if you have modified the MaxConnectionPerServer and Per1_0Server registry entries. Make sure that they are no greater than 10 (0x0000000a). They are located here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings\

The defaults are MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server=dword:0x00000004
MaxConnectionsPerServer=dword:0x00000002

hi jz9

I have a brand new installation of xp

done absolutley no internet tweaking at all...everything is at default

same issue

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back