• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ie > internet options > programs > internet programs

HTML Editor
Newsgroups
Internet Calls
Calendar
Contact list

all things that sorta piss me off!

before I get angry, i'll skip my explanation and go straight to the question

can you edit these so that they're actually useful (to me)?! as in, E-mail set up for Yahoo instead of opening some big ol' program i've never used (outlook), or hotmail!

set up calendar for Yahoo also?! Contact list for Yahoo also??

Internet calls i dont use, and newsgroups are for perverts and pirates:p

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Well, I've never seen anything that let you change these to non-MS products or services. That's kind of the point though I guess... use Microsoft's stuff and it's more convenient. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to "hack" IE to change those to whatever you want, but like I said, I've never seen anything.

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Well the e-mail I have mine set to Mozilla mail. My HTML editor can be either Notepad or Mozilla.

I think the way it works is if you have changed the "default" browser, e-mail, news groups and such then you will have those options also in the drop down boxes.

If it were an actual application like Mozilla, as gonaads pointed out, it would have been possible to change the defaults. However, since Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Calendar are web-based services, I highly doubt there would be any way to change to those as defaults in IE.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test