IDE Driver issues Please help

Q

Quantum

I think this all started with nero image drive but anyway I was burning a disc all of a sudden it failed half way thru I noticed the buffer level for recording kept going up and down. while writing to disc, normally it stays around 95%. Well after it failed my video got all wierd with lines and colors I was like WTF? And then my optical mouse stopped working completely, have to use diff. mouse now. So that screwed my usb drivers/controllers too.Then it also messed up my scsi promise controller. I uninstalled nero, reinstalled the promise controller. That works now but I reinstalled mobo drivers and the via IDE bus controller installed but my primary and secondary controllers wont install. they both say (unknown) when updating drivers for them windows says cant find software. I manually searched every directory and nothing. How can I fix this? I've never had this much trouble before and I've done it plenty times. Thanxs

First go download the newest drivers for any device that's acting up, and make sure they're extracted from any zip or rar that they're in. Then go to the device manager Right-click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware tab > Device Manager. From there, remove any devices that aren't working, reboot, and let Windows find the new drivers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back