• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

i-Ripoff?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Fascinating little article here by a site I am checking out more and more.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/05/apples-little-problem-with-ripping-off-artists/

There is something to be said of being big enough and rich enough to get away with ripping off people like this.

There have been numerous stories and typically I would say, well they're just after money. However, in this case, with such clear evidence, I am re-thinking that philosophy.

A clear history of wanton disregard for the work of other people.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Not really surprising.
Apple doesn't seem much like a good company to me.
Although, when you release the same product 7 times with each one, a tad better than the previous one, How can you go wrong!

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Let's make applesauce! :D
I think you are infringing on Apple's copyright there Gonaads :p

"I play, I could", in fact I am infringing upon their copyright twice in this statement!
OH holy Apple, how I have failed you,
GAAAH It was done again!

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Soooo, the company that is known for soooo much artsy fartsy innovation can't even dream up their own artsy fartsy commercials.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
iMidget?

I'd consider buying one, but only if it came with a click-wheel and a touch screen and I could put it on vibrate :smoker:

Speaking of iRIPOFF. No one mentioned the ugly, confrontational attempt by @pple to steal the name iPhone from it's registered owners.

They do seem to have a problem with intellectual property, unless of course it is their siftware...

I still think Zerox should own them! Mouse, GUI, etc. direct steal.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
no, the original MacOS when the mac first came out was ripped from Xerox.. microsoft later stole it from Mac ;)

OSX is based on the old Mach and Next kernels mostly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies