• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

i need a tv tuner...or built in with videocard

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
probably be better getting a haupage add on card, video cards are outdated very fast, the dedicated tv tuner will offer far more years of service without becoming obsolete.

R

RogerPhillis

Yeh, Have used Hauppauge cards for 6-7years, currently basic model is £38.00 in U.K. seem to last indefinitely.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Gotta love them hauppauge cards, watching a film on mine right now, little window in the corner :D

The quality depends on your TV reception, I've found that the quality is slightly lower than when the arial is plugged into my TV set, but with some fine tunning and fiddling, the quality is perfect.
Bear in mind that I have one of the cheapest cards, I'm sure the more pricey one's would give a better quality output :)

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
Originally posted by RogerPhillis
Yeh, Have used Hauppauge cards for 6-7years, currently basic model is £38.00 in U.K. seem to last indefinitely.

yeh there a bargain, considering a tv runs real low resolution like 480x600 ?? and 25fps, theres no point getting the top of the range £200 model just to watch tv.

there imho in the top 2 of tv tuner makers. for £50 u get a remote as well

i have tv out but have a 21" sat on the shelf above my monitor so it aint used, just the tv in on the ti4600 to record stuff,

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Geffy, if you get an external USB one, you can move it over to a laptop if you ever get one ;) and just shove it away under the desk when its connected to your desktop :)

X

XPro-TaNK

get the ATi TV Wonder VE its priced nice and and has preium features at a value price. I have ripped a few VHS flicks with this card and the included software then trim the flim with TMPGenc and then you got a nice little VHS 2 VCD rip

Originally posted by XPro-TaNK
get the ATi TV Wonder VE its priced nice and and has preium features at a value price. I have ripped a few VHS flicks with this card and the included software then trim the flim with TMPGenc and then you got a nice little VHS 2 VCD rip
can u connect it to AV inputs????

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test