i need a tv tuner...or built in with videocard

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
can any1 suggest any??? im loooking to find one under 150. i was thinking about those ATI all in wonder cards...

probably be better getting a haupage add on card, video cards are outdated very fast, the dedicated tv tuner will offer far more years of service without becoming obsolete.

Yeh, Have used Hauppauge cards for 6-7years, currently basic model is £38.00 in U.K. seem to last indefinitely.

Gotta love them hauppauge cards, watching a film on mine right now, little window in the corner :D

The quality depends on your TV reception, I've found that the quality is slightly lower than when the arial is plugged into my TV set, but with some fine tunning and fiddling, the quality is perfect.
Bear in mind that I have one of the cheapest cards, I'm sure the more pricey one's would give a better quality output :)

Originally posted by RogerPhillis
Yeh, Have used Hauppauge cards for 6-7years, currently basic model is £38.00 in U.K. seem to last indefinitely.

yeh there a bargain, considering a tv runs real low resolution like 480x600 ?? and 25fps, theres no point getting the top of the range £200 model just to watch tv.

there imho in the top 2 of tv tuner makers. for £50 u get a remote as well

i have tv out but have a 21" sat on the shelf above my monitor so it aint used, just the tv in on the ti4600 to record stuff,

I want to get one of those Hauppauge cards at some point, keeps the desk space area larger if I dont need a TV as well

Geffy, if you get an external USB one, you can move it over to a laptop if you ever get one ;) and just shove it away under the desk when its connected to your desktop :)

get the ATi TV Wonder VE its priced nice and and has preium features at a value price. I have ripped a few VHS flicks with this card and the included software then trim the flim with TMPGenc and then you got a nice little VHS 2 VCD rip

Originally posted by XPro-TaNK
get the ATi TV Wonder VE its priced nice and and has preium features at a value price. I have ripped a few VHS flicks with this card and the included software then trim the flim with TMPGenc and then you got a nice little VHS 2 VCD rip

can u connect it to AV inputs????

I got a Leadtek TV2000 and couldnt be happier with it. It even records at mpeg4 format. checck it out HERE

Originally posted by Bootsy
I got a Leadtek TV2000 and couldnt be happier with it. It even records at mpeg4 format. checck it out HERE

That one looks nice. one question...how good is mpeg4 quality?

very good quality...only thing is that you should have plenty of space cause a half hour ends up being like a gig and a half hehehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back