• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

i need a new 17 inch monitor

LPDad

OSNN Addict
I don't know where you live, but I am in So California and we have computer shows about every month...

They are selling ALMOST NEW 19 inch and 21 inch monitors for $100. These are for the TOP brands, which are selling in the stores for alot more.

I would strongly suggest checking out the computer fairs...Lots of companies are switching over to LCD monitors and you can pick up their surplus moinitors for a song.

If you want value for the dollar I highly recommend the Samsung 753DF (or the latest upgrade to it).

I brought home and tried 5 different monitors (cost was not a concern) and looked at another 10 in the computer stores. I ended up with this one for:

Price - under $150.
Controls - all I needed and then some.
Display quality - no eyestrain
Glare - lowest of nay monitor I looked at.
Flat Screen - yes

I have a couple friends who've bought them since and they agree it's best price trade off.

Some downside on big name$$$$$:
Trnitron tubes have the annoying horizontal gray lines from the tension wire.

Diamondtron have a very grainy appearance. The pixel aspect ratio is different from most brands.

Many "low glare" tubes are not.

Many flat screens use rounded tubes then have a seperate layer of glass over that to make it look flat. Glare/ghosting goes up.

Many low glare screens are actually cheap round tubes with a seperate flat glare screen over the top that causes low light level, color shift, and excessive internal reflections with dark screens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy