i need a new 17 inch monitor

I don't know where you live, but I am in So California and we have computer shows about every month...

They are selling ALMOST NEW 19 inch and 21 inch monitors for $100. These are for the TOP brands, which are selling in the stores for alot more.

I would strongly suggest checking out the computer fairs...Lots of companies are switching over to LCD monitors and you can pick up their surplus moinitors for a song.

oh sometimes we get computer fairs in NC but not much... Do they usually include warranties when companys sell them?

If you want value for the dollar I highly recommend the Samsung 753DF (or the latest upgrade to it).

I brought home and tried 5 different monitors (cost was not a concern) and looked at another 10 in the computer stores. I ended up with this one for:

Price - under $150.
Controls - all I needed and then some.
Display quality - no eyestrain
Glare - lowest of nay monitor I looked at.
Flat Screen - yes

I have a couple friends who've bought them since and they agree it's best price trade off.

Some downside on big name$$$$$:
Trnitron tubes have the annoying horizontal gray lines from the tension wire.

Diamondtron have a very grainy appearance. The pixel aspect ratio is different from most brands.

Many "low glare" tubes are not.

Many flat screens use rounded tubes then have a seperate layer of glass over that to make it look flat. Glare/ghosting goes up.

Many low glare screens are actually cheap round tubes with a seperate flat glare screen over the top that causes low light level, color shift, and excessive internal reflections with dark screens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back