I Don't Get These Fake Auctions

Re: I Don't Get These Fake Auction

This listing (#5870086745) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now.

ebay got em. what was it lol.

The auction was closed, so didn't see what it was. That said, people have already bid on air in a jar (that some celeb supposedly breathed), ghost in a jar, someone's virginity, a date, and a rock from Sadam Heusain's (sp?) garden; so anything's up.

Why they bid on it? I dunno... However I still haven't figured out the person who calls tech support because they can't find the any key either :D

no no click on the link in the second post by me all those phones that they list in any of the search results are not out yet except the n70 n90 8800 and 8801 so i dont know why, they actually think they will get a phone, but for those other things that you mentioned Son its kinda abstract, do you know what i mean?

Nah, point is, people will bid on anything, so why should this be any different? In you're original post, you appear to have asked 3 statements...

how do people actually bid on auctions like this, i mean its so obvoius that its fake, i really dont undrestand how this is even allowed on ebay

wrt "how do people actually bid on auctions like this?" as well as comment about it being an obvious fake, that's my answer. If people will bid on all the other nonsensical auctions that have existed on Ebay, and can't find anyhing funky about a ghost in a jar, or buying a jar of air; then I'm not surprised people would bid on a product that hasn't come to market.

As to the third, this sorta thing isn't supposed to exist on Ebay, which would be reason for the removal of the first auction, I'm guessing? Didn't see it though so kinda hard to guess. But it probably comes down to something like this. If someone wanted to post something that was absolutely obsene and an utter violation of the TOS of this forum, they could do so. When a moderator finds it, they can delete the thread, but until then...

Given the overall size of Ebay, it probably does take them some time to find these bogus auctions, so I suppose closing them all down right away might not always be feasible...

BTW: Mafia's link provides a list that contains mostly chargers and other accessories right now... There are a couple phones on that page now, so I'll provide a link if it might make it easier. Can't say whether this will get closed down or not however...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sony-Ericsson-K7...253227189QQcategoryZ11676QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

thats exactly what i mean those phone auctions, but what i meant for the ghost in a jar thing, at least they will still get something eg. the jar, who cares if theres no ghost, but with these phones they wont get anything

Last edited by a moderator:
i think bid is sometime good for us when we are free and we like to watch our luck. but it's not good actually.
================================

Holy thread resurection Bat Man ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back