HTML [or similar] read off XML

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello everyone,

I have finally found out how I want to do my website. I have a little experience so this is how I plan to have my website done. Basically, I have two HTML (or whatever type, as long as it can do what I want, and on a apache server with PHP.. no ASP) files that shall read off a XML file. Basically, I want the XML file to look like this (Note the order it's in)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<news>
    <N01>
      <date>Jan.1.2004.</date>
      <text>Happy new year.. blah blah</text>
    </N01>
    <N02>
      <date>Jan.18.2004.</date>
      <text>Added some section... blah blah</text>
    </N02>
    <N03>
      <date>Jan.21.2004.</date>
      <text>Meh, no news today. sorry mate...</text>
    </N03>
</news>

And it shall be formatted into a website like this [Note the Bold, Font size, and order of the news] [the date should be -1 size font.. didn't show up properly]

Jan.21.2004
Meh, no news today. sorry mate...

Jan.18.2004
Added some section... blah blah

Jan.1.2004
Happy new year.. blah blah

and so on. The first HTML website should do the exalt same, with white background and black text. Font doesn't need to be defined. Second one should read off the same website, same size and bold with the font, only background text should be black, font being white.

Basically, i need help with thise code. I have the XML done, need to get the HTML or similar done...

Thanks,

lieb39

Hmm well if I remember a while back I got a system up and running, basically a html (or xhtml.. whatever) read off a xml file, and filled out a table, if the table boarder is '0' than it looks like normal text. only thing would be organizing it so that the recent news is at the top.. More help would be nice, i'll keep you guys posted.

-lieb39

Ok, I just need a little bit of help. I can't remember what I need to put in the table header to make sure it uses the XML file, and what to put in the table cells to make it grab specfic info from the xml file..

[/end mumbling..]

-lieb39

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back