• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do you make a bootable linux ISO with Nero 5?

Xie

- geek -
not sure if its the same w/ nero (been a while) but w/ easy cd you can just double click the the iso file and it loads it all up for you :) ... think there is a right click "burn to disk" or similar option as well.

blinden

OSNN Senior Addict
Originally posted by cpugeniusmv
if you downloaded the ISOs, then just:

File, Burn Image
and not to insult the Arniestan1, but since I don't know how much he knows/can figure out, I believe you have to change the file type bar on the bottom of the window that you browser for the image to include .iso.

Thanks for the replies. I got them burned alright. Went to LinuxISo_Org to see how. No blinden I'm not offended at all. You see I am into hardwares (build pc's) and do it quite satisfactorly. Not to sound like I'm bragging but so far I'm batting 1,000. Knock on wood. Now for my first oppinion on Linux Mandrake 9.2. Way over my head lolol.

cpugeniusmv

Computer Genius
Originally posted by blinden
and not to insult the Arniestan1, but since I don't know how much he knows/can figure out, I believe you have to change the file type bar on the bottom of the window that you browser for the image to include .iso.
i know that's the case in Nero 6 when you do File->Open, but in nero 5 when you do File->Burn Image, i'm pretty sure it includes image extensions by default.

it would be contrary to the name if it didn't, don't you think? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies