"hover effects" keep breaking

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I've had this happen probably 4 or 5 times since I got my Mac, and I can't figure out why it happens or what causes it...

I use fast user switching and so I usually don't fully log out for days at a time. At times when I log back in, the "hover effects" don't work anymore. What I mean is when the pointer hovers over the dock, it doesn't react. When I click on a menu item and hover over the choices, they don't highlight. When I hover over a browser link, the cursor doesn't change into a hand. I can still select items on the dock, in menus, and hyperlinks... but it's strange not having the effects. I have to restart for everything to be normal again.

I hope this explanation makes sense. Thanks for any help with this problem. :)

HHrrrmm... the first thing that comes to mind is maybes you're Mac isn't powerful enough to make the changes, for instance, I have this sort of problem on my G3 iBook, but I know its simply becuase my graphics card and processor aren't powerful enough to handle all the details of F.U.S (Fast User Switching).

Might I enquire as to your Mac specs?

Also, how are you for updates? You got them all? Are you running any kind of Theme Modifier? .... Are you eatting your coffee???? oO

Scooter :)

Scooter said:
HHrrrmm... the first thing that comes to mind is maybes you're Mac isn't powerful enough to make the changes, for instance, I have this sort of problem on my G3 iBook, but I know its simply becuase my graphics card and processor aren't powerful enough to handle all the details of F.U.S (Fast User Switching).]
Hehe, highly doubt it, Scott. He has a G5 sitting in there.
smile.gif

hhmmmm .. *sighs and cries alittle*....

*ahem*... what Apps are running?

@NetRyder - Thanks for the support. ;)

Should have given my specs, sorry about that Scott. The only thing I've got running constantly is Konfabulator with two widgets. Safari also runs most of the time, but that's usually about it. I'll try closing all but Konfab each time I switch to the logon screen, and see if I run into the problem again. As for updates, the only ones I don't have are for AirPort and iSight. No theme mods either.

Can't say that I've experienced or heard of that problem before. Try the Apple knowledgebase: http://apple.com/support/ someone else may experience the same, or you can just post to see if anyone knows what the problem may be :)

SPeedY_B said:
Can't say that I've experienced or heard of that problem before. Try the Apple knowledgebase: http://apple.com/support/ someone else may experience the same, or you can just post to see if anyone knows what the problem may be :)

Bimey! I've heard of it a couple of times, and it was usually because they were running a theme modifier app and it was screwing up... apart from with me when it was just cause well... G3 iBook ... things have come along way :D

It happened again earlier today... I logged back in after leaving Unison (newsgroup reader) and Safari open. I went several days without the problem, and every time I would switch out of my profile I would be sure to have all apps closed. So maybe it has something to do with certain apps running when I'm switched out. I haven't had a chance to search the Apple knowledgebase or post over there, but I will sometime soon.

I have had this problem when i would close the lid, but only if Xchat aqua is running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back