Help! What is this??!!

One day I got a message that the computer was going to shut down, I don't remember why so I checked the event log and look what I found:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7031
Date: 31/07/2003
Time: 6:01:18 PM
User: N/A
Computer: HPPAV
Description:
The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot the machine.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

What is this? (Well for one it tested my speed)
And then at the "saving your settings" prompt it hanged with no disk writing.

Really we have a Logitech optical mouse and it worked even without drivers and the log doesen't talk about mice (or the like):confused:

Update: I tried to install Windows XP SP1 but, when it was still in the download phase it happened again and I just installed the MouseWare software after that! :eek: (Good thing it was still downloading!) ;)

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Odd, sounds exactly like the blaster worm. You can cancel the shutdown though by typing "shutdown -a" in the run box. although it won't stop the problem and it'll still mess some things up, but it might help if your doing something important

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soperyzoity