Help! What is this??!!

Corvette

Sauske!
One day I got a message that the computer was going to shut down, I don't remember why so I checked the event log and look what I found:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7031
Date: 31/07/2003
Time: 6:01:18 PM
User: N/A
Computer: HPPAV
Description:
The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot the machine.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

What is this? (Well for one it tested my speed)
And then at the "saving your settings" prompt it hanged with no disk writing.

I know this message:

Try to re-install your mouse driver. Maybe that solve this problem,

Lex.

Really we have a Logitech optical mouse and it worked even without drivers and the log doesen't talk about mice (or the like):confused:

Update: I tried to install Windows XP SP1 but, when it was still in the download phase it happened again and I just installed the MouseWare software after that! :eek: (Good thing it was still downloading!) ;)

Originally posted by ViperSnake
Also lock the thread because it has stuff to do with RPC
Huh?

This sounds alot like the blaster virus, just two weeks too early... :confused:

yep the msblast virus causing rpc problems. have been a sticky on the frontpage.

Odd, sounds exactly like the blaster worm. You can cancel the shutdown though by typing "shutdown -a" in the run box. although it won't stop the problem and it'll still mess some things up, but it might help if your doing something important

Originally posted by ViperSnake
And also I have never found a msblast.exe on my computer anyway

you don't have to be infected to be affected by msblast.exe

just need to run windows update.

I already have the patch (A good 2 weeks before the virus came and I patched atfer that first encounter)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back