Help, Program trying to connect me online

Engineer

OSNN Addict
I have found in Program Files/Common Files/My Software folder a program called NewsFlash and a accompanying dll file that constantly tries to connect me to a site called careersteps.com. no problem I just delete the files and folder, My Software, right? Nope, XP says that the file is in use and access is denied. I go off line and I still can't delete it.

Norton IS, 2003 caught this, it gives me Security Alerts now (because I told it to block all attempts to connect, the NIS Security Alert details are;

Application C:\Program Files\Common Files\My Software\NewsFlsh.exe. Protocol: TCP Outbound, remote Address: www.careersteps.com

Any help on removing this would be appreciated.
Thanks

Google gives no answers, might be new. Probably reboot to safe mode and run adaware/spybot, or uninstal from add/remove programs.

Thanks Ded Morozh, love the Spider Jerusalem sig on your post by the way.

I actually got rid of the pesky program through McAfee Uninstaller, I rebooted and program gone.

Thanks again, all.

Engineer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back