Help, Program trying to connect me online

Engineer

OSNN Addict
I have found in Program Files/Common Files/My Software folder a program called NewsFlash and a accompanying dll file that constantly tries to connect me to a site called careersteps.com. no problem I just delete the files and folder, My Software, right? Nope, XP says that the file is in use and access is denied. I go off line and I still can't delete it.

Norton IS, 2003 caught this, it gives me Security Alerts now (because I told it to block all attempts to connect, the NIS Security Alert details are;

Application C:\Program Files\Common Files\My Software\NewsFlsh.exe. Protocol: TCP Outbound, remote Address: www.careersteps.com

Any help on removing this would be appreciated.
Thanks

Ded Morozh

I don't DISlike you...
Google gives no answers, might be new. Probably reboot to safe mode and run adaware/spybot, or uninstal from add/remove programs.

Engineer

OSNN Addict
Thanks Ded Morozh, love the Spider Jerusalem sig on your post by the way.

I actually got rid of the pesky program through McAfee Uninstaller, I rebooted and program gone.

Thanks again, all.

Engineer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniew