help needed with msi geforce 6600 256 mb card

dubesinhower

OSNN Newbie
im new at building computers. i just bought this card, and when i went to the stress test on counterstrike, the water has weird lines that flash on it. the text is sometimes screwed up, to the point where i cant read it. the opening movie in doom 3 has white flashy lines, and has slow fps. i have the latest driver.
please help, this is driving me nuts!
videocardproblem.jpg

videocardproblem2.jpg

the above has anti aliasing up since i was seeing if it helped, so dont mind the purple. just look at the random line in the water

Last edited:
Most likely when you upgraded some shreds of the old drivers were left installed causing the problem.

There are several free driver cleaner programs nastfyfileremover (nfr.exe) and crapcleaner clceaner.exe both work well. They are available at majorgeeks.com for download.

1) Go to device manager, select the display adapter and uninstall it (option under right click menu).

2) Download and run ccleaner or nfr. Then reboot.

3) The computer will detect a "new" video card and do a clean install of the drivers. You can use the default ones windows find or the latest drivers you have.

If you still have problems uninstall again and try the drivers taht came with the card. The latest drivers are usaully optimised for the latest video cards (7800series in this case) and aren't always the best for an older card.

Last edited:
i figured it out. i needed a wicked old driver from 04, and i got it, thanks anyways.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back