Have we lost our reputations?

Lee said:
What's the point in devoting yourself to gaining brownie points aka reputaion points. You know it's like the 3 main players will always be in top 3.

Personally I think their should be tariff system like in diving at the Olympics.
Take into account post and threads started and comented on, this should count as one part of the equation, your colour status, like if you're a red, blue, green, orange user etc...so the lower user a blue name gets 4 for a reputaion point, then it's wroked out on amount of posts, if they just post comments like lol or :) all of the time, not something constructive, then they should get penalised, it kind of works on the quality not quantity basis. I am not very bright so someone must have a good 'weighting' solution.

We are going to just get people making up loads of id's aswell and giving themselves rep points (I bet that is happening). Where there is a scheme you get schemers.
The system isn't about who is "tops" though. It's suppose to allow someone new to notice someone that has given back to the forum and not just posted for the sake of increasing there post count. Nobody should be penalised for posting "lol" or ":)" if they choose however.

I will be expanding the pips extensively soon, once I have had a chance to see how they go.

ming said:
Nah... The best option is rep points only for the general members and not the mods/smods/admin as they will obviously come out top of the list.
Besides, they should be overlooking the whole system.
The whole rep system is suppose to be about being able to spot someone that is helpful. Why exclude mods? I think perhaps though that people without rep points should maybe have to PM a mod to give a user rep points as then the post in question could be reviewed and abuse of new users created to give the same user with a different nick rep points could be done away with.

-edit- Also (not directed at anyone) I think ppl need to drop the Ego when it comes to rep pts as they are about identifying ppl that help .. its not a "win" or "lose" thing. Also a post about what kind of post should be considered worth a rep pt might be good as well. :)

I appreciate the ones I get...I still think that a few feel nekid if they're not getting heaps.

When I am talking about lol and :) some people in particular (I won't mention names as I like 3 of the 5 that do it), a thread starts, they comment, the thread reaches about 50 posts and particualr users have 33% in posts with lol or :) nothing really constructive, 1 time or 2 time sseems o.k. but 33% of a thread, well, I hope you understand.

Last thing i will say.

EP, what are the new ranges now that you have changed the ratios?

No idea, but once the join dates are adjusted they will be modifed again ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back