Half-life2 + Counter-strike Video Footage

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Here is a link to a torrent that has video footage of Counter-strike running on the Source engine.

I don't know if this is to be dubbed as Counter-strike 2 or Counter-strike Classic, rumours suggest that it does make full use of the source engine tho.

Alas I am blessed with dial-up so am still getting this myself, so you will have to check yourselves!! The file weighs in at just over 34 megabytes.

Downloading, it's a fast torrent, so it's on my HD in about 7 minutes.

edit: make that two, the downloadspeed increased ;) *hugs broadband*

The short demo of CS Source begins with a nice view of an updated Aztec. Below us we see a fantastic looking muddy swamp surrounded by updated geometry. As we move in for some action, we see a group of CTs defending the bridge area. Terrorists in the water rush over and a battle erupts between the two teams. Yes, all of this can be done in the version of CS we play right now. And that's why it's all so amazing.

Just imagine Counter-Strike with the 2004 graphics and physics it deserves. That's what the CS Source video will show you guys later tonight. I wish I could show all you guys the video right now. When I saw it, I was astounded. Some the graphical effects--like when bullets hit water--are downright cinematic. Death animations are a thing of the past, with full rag-doll physics in effect. All the models are brand spanking new and are definitely up to snuff.

A few months ago I had seen a very early version of the port. Erik Johnson had then told me that--at the time--the port would be bare-bones. A minor upgrade just to give the game some better lighting. Talking with Jess Cliffe, that direction has totally changed. Valve is committed to upgrading Counter-Strike with 21st century technology.

Hurry up stupid download :D:D:D

where did you find it ep...thought it was going to be released tonite?

Rizzuh @ http://www.csnation.net

The torrent stuff has leaked out early, I don't know if what we have here is the same stuff or if Rizzuh will have some hi-res version.

We will see!!

any chance you guys could post it up on some webspace? My school restricts torrent downloads heavily. If not then I GUESS I could wait for fileshack :(

HOLY SH*T! This looks damn good! Especially check that section at the portharbour(?), where the player first fires missles (I am not saying what happens, it's more fun watching for yourself) and operating a crane.

sheltem: I think there will be some non-shakycam footage released later on. Best of grabbing it then, I really can't with my connection !!

Glaanieboy: can you take some snaps... I think HL2 will be out by the time I get this :)

Im 9 mins away from getting it...if it stays at this speed.

I am in total awe at the hl2 footage and the cs footage well more the cs footage but it was all as amazing as I've ever seen...should look real nice when I order my X800 Pro!

excuse me for the bad quality:
(first photo) Check the incredible details in this face (read mouth). And when I hear the sound of his voice, in nearly sounds computergenerated, so I think this is some sort of advanced lipsync/text-reader.

(Second shot) Looks like you can also drive vehicles, this is a buggy of somesort. You can even operate a crane and use the magnetic thingy hanging on the rope to lift up ship-containers and throw it on enemies.

(Third shot) Look in the middle of the picture, do you see the little dot flying through the air? That's an enemy, which was just launched by the explosion of a rocket!

Other noticeable things:
Everything is so incredibly detailed! When you break wood with a crowbar, it breaks very realistic, it doesn't seem scripted.
Of a body falls just over a cliff, normally the body would hang stiff horizontally, half on the edge, half in the air. In this demo, the body actually bend over and fall off, just like a real body would do (don't try this at home :D)

Attachments

• Half Life 2 and CounterStrike E3 demo movie 005_0001.jpg
    Half Life 2 and CounterStrike E3 demo movie 005_0001.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Half Life 2 and CounterStrike E3 demo movie 009_0001.jpg
    Half Life 2 and CounterStrike E3 demo movie 009_0001.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Half Life 2 and CounterStrike E3 demo movie 019_0001.jpg
    Half Life 2 and CounterStrike E3 demo movie 019_0001.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 145
Shut it you slag.

Great shots you guys, I wonder what they are gonna charge for the source versions of these games!

I think I might have seen a leaked version of this ages ago actually

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back