Half-Life: GotY edition spare key?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Anyone here have a spare key for the original Half-Life? i already own the game, but i had also already registered it's cd-key with steam on another account that i don't remember the info for, and don't wanna buy another copy of a game that i already have. Stupid steam. :lick:

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Those old keys are all it takes to make an account on Steam so why would someone want to give one up.:rolleyes:

If it is a legit account you can not remember the info for then just go through Steam support portals and they will get you all fixed up. :up:

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
American Zombie.... already tried that. the only way i can really get the old account removed with my cd key on it is by sending them the cover from the game and everything and also paying a shipping and hadling fee, which at that point one could probably buy the game again.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Although, I can't be sure of the original, eBay does have lots of keys for sale.
Personally I have had about five copies of HL (including ones with several keys opfor, etc.) and have given loads out.

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
he's not asking for an illegal key...he's just seeing if there is anyone that wants to give him their old one or one they have that might not be used. I know a few people that have a couple of keys, 'cause at certain points the keys were really really cheap

actualy i checked up on the price for a brand new copy of HL. Best Buy's website only shows the platinum collection for $29.99, and EB Games shows just Half-Life for 19.99.

EP, i wouldn't trust buying a cd-key from e-bay. would really suck to pay the money for it and find out the key was already used, wouldn't it?

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
Cant you go into the "Lost account password" where you put in your old key and they send an email to the account? I did it one time and saved me having to buy the game again :p

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Well.... Try it ED... Look for a seller with a high rep, check out their feedback.
If they have lots of satisfied users, you should be good to go.

zeke mo, kinda hard to do that when i don't even know what e-mail account it was registered under, and said e-mail account is probably already dead and gone since i registered the key a while back when steam hasn't been out for that long.

emeritus

Beware the Monkeys!!!
I in kind of the same boat. I still have my original CD, but nothing else, and I don't feel like shelling out $10, when I already shelled out the money for the original game.

lancer

There is no answer!
Political User
i'll probably be slapped for this but go to altavista.com and search there, you'll prbably get what you need there, whatever that may be, i don't know.

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
This is probably the most pointless reply ever, but:

I wanted to give you mine, coz I dont use it anymore (RavenShield all the way) but guess what...

I can't find it...

Un4gIvEn1

OSNN Veteran Addict
I'm gonna PM you my code. I bought the game when it first came out... played it for about 10 minutes. Didn't really like it much. I then bought another copy for $5 a couple years ago (my mother owns an auction and she had LOTS of them). Let me know if you have any problems with it. You shouldn't because I have never used it to go online.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut