Half-Life: GotY edition spare key?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Anyone here have a spare key for the original Half-Life? i already own the game, but i had also already registered it's cd-key with steam on another account that i don't remember the info for, and don't wanna buy another copy of a game that i already have. Stupid steam. :lick:

yes :p

/me slaps Elemental on the wrist... naughty boy no warez on the forum...

Those old keys are all it takes to make an account on Steam so why would someone want to give one up.:rolleyes:

If it is a legit account you can not remember the info for then just go through Steam support portals and they will get you all fixed up. :up:

American Zombie.... already tried that. the only way i can really get the old account removed with my cd key on it is by sending them the cover from the game and everything and also paying a shipping and hadling fee, which at that point one could probably buy the game again.

Although, I can't be sure of the original, eBay does have lots of keys for sale.
Personally I have had about five copies of HL (including ones with several keys opfor, etc.) and have given loads out.

he's not asking for an illegal key...he's just seeing if there is anyone that wants to give him their old one or one they have that might not be used. I know a few people that have a couple of keys, 'cause at certain points the keys were really really cheap

the GotY edition is only about $9.99 at most stores. Just go buy another copy.

Un4gIvEn1 said:
the GotY edition is only about $9.99 at most stores. Just go buy another copy.

I think that's the price he's trying to avoid because he's already officially got a license

Seems cheap though :rolleyes:

$10 is also the price you can pay Valve (again - hah!) for them to unlock your old account.

actualy i checked up on the price for a brand new copy of HL. Best Buy's website only shows the platinum collection for $29.99, and EB Games shows just Half-Life for 19.99.

EP, i wouldn't trust buying a cd-key from e-bay. would really suck to pay the money for it and find out the key was already used, wouldn't it?

Cant you go into the "Lost account password" where you put in your old key and they send an email to the account? I did it one time and saved me having to buy the game again :p

Well.... Try it ED... Look for a seller with a high rep, check out their feedback.
If they have lots of satisfied users, you should be good to go.

zeke mo, kinda hard to do that when i don't even know what e-mail account it was registered under, and said e-mail account is probably already dead and gone since i registered the key a while back when steam hasn't been out for that long.

I in kind of the same boat. I still have my original CD, but nothing else, and I don't feel like shelling out $10, when I already shelled out the money for the original game.

Well, I used the serial of Blue Shift to get my CS/HL running. :p That was ages ago.

i'll probably be slapped for this but go to altavista.com and search there, you'll prbably get what you need there, whatever that may be, i don't know.

This is probably the most pointless reply ever, but:

I wanted to give you mine, coz I dont use it anymore (RavenShield all the way) but guess what...

I can't find it...

I'm gonna PM you my code. I bought the game when it first came out... played it for about 10 minutes. Didn't really like it much. I then bought another copy for $5 a couple years ago (my mother owns an auction and she had LOTS of them). Let me know if you have any problems with it. You shouldn't because I have never used it to go online.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back