• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Half-Life 2 Error

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!
Not only does need for speed underground 2 not work,
neither does half-life2!!!!!
Sorry rant over, I get the following error when installing (attached) does this me my copy is duff???

Cheers

Attachments

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
weird its intsalled now, but the error was occuring if I ONLY wanted to install Half-Life2 rather than it and counterstrike!

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political User
have you tried another drive on your computer?
or maybe installing to a different hard drive

suicide_pact

---pro a.v. geek
That's been a common error. I recieved this from the store I ordered the game:

Vivendi Universal Games has announced two important updates regarding the product installation for Half-Life 2.

1. Half-Life 2 CD Installation error when Counter-strike: Source is not selected

The following has been identified as a known issue with Half-Life 2 Standard Edition (not Collector's or European DVD editions):

Problem: If during the initial installation process the option to install "Counter-Strike: Source" is NOT selected, an error may occur during installation. The message will be: cabinet file error, fatal disk error, or something similar.

Solution: Cancel the current installation process and reinstall the game from the beginning, starting with Disk #1. Make certain to select the option to install both Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source.

Note: If you prefer not to retain the Counter-Strike: Source program on your system AFTER INSTALLATION, you can
remove it using the following procedure:
* After Half-Life 2 has been successfully installed, open up the Steam client.
* Select the Play Games list
* RIGHT click on Counter-Strike: Source and select Properties
* Select "Delete Local Content."

2. Product Authentication Delay When Installing Half-Life 2

Some consumers may experience delays in authenticating Half-Life 2 during the installation process. This is due to the high volume of consumers who have purchased Half-Life 2 and are installing the game, which is causing high traffic on the Steam authentication servers. Please keep trying, as this is a temporary delay.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix