Half-Life 2 Error

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!
Not only does need for speed underground 2 not work,
neither does half-life2!!!!!
Sorry rant over, I get the following error when installing (attached) does this me my copy is duff???

Cheers

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 115
weird its intsalled now, but the error was occuring if I ONLY wanted to install Half-Life2 rather than it and counterstrike!

have you tried another drive on your computer?
or maybe installing to a different hard drive

hey run memtest86 for me... i bet you will pull an error.. just a prediction.

That's been a common error. I recieved this from the store I ordered the game:

Vivendi Universal Games has announced two important updates regarding the product installation for Half-Life 2.

1. Half-Life 2 CD Installation error when Counter-strike: Source is not selected

The following has been identified as a known issue with Half-Life 2 Standard Edition (not Collector's or European DVD editions):

Problem: If during the initial installation process the option to install "Counter-Strike: Source" is NOT selected, an error may occur during installation. The message will be: cabinet file error, fatal disk error, or something similar.

Solution: Cancel the current installation process and reinstall the game from the beginning, starting with Disk #1. Make certain to select the option to install both Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source.

Note: If you prefer not to retain the Counter-Strike: Source program on your system AFTER INSTALLATION, you can
remove it using the following procedure:
* After Half-Life 2 has been successfully installed, open up the Steam client.
* Select the Play Games list
* RIGHT click on Counter-Strike: Source and select Properties
* Select "Delete Local Content."

2. Product Authentication Delay When Installing Half-Life 2

Some consumers may experience delays in authenticating Half-Life 2 during the installation process. This is due to the high volume of consumers who have purchased Half-Life 2 and are installing the game, which is causing high traffic on the Steam authentication servers. Please keep trying, as this is a temporary delay.

Hope this helps.

Interesting sounds just the thing! although I do have the European DVD edition, :S

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back