Guitar Hero Vs Rock Band

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all,

I sold my copy of guitar hero 3 last week as after playing rock band I wanted a full band setup as I found it a lot more fun to play as a group. My problem is I do not know if I should go for rock band or guitar hero: world tour.
Now I do not know when the rock band 2 instruments are out in the UK but the guitar hero pack is out next week. From the reviews I have read they said (as long as they are not faulty out of the box) the guitar hero instruments are much better but the "band feel" in rock band is supposedly better.

Has anybody played both and could offer advice? Addtionally has anybody tryed playing rock band (1 or 2) with the guitar hero instuments?

Thank you

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I personally think Rock Band is a better game in almost all regards. The guitar's frets on the Rock band instrument feels much more natural. The buttons are right next to each other, just like a real guitar. The Guitar hero controller there are large gaps between each button (fret) which is very odd and makes it harder to play, Especially if you have experience playing a real guitar.

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
hmmm ok I think the main problem is rock band 2s instrument pack is still an unknown release date especially over here :(

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Right been reading a lot a reviews regarding this now and the general opinion seems to be that rock band is the better software (just) but the guitar hero hardware is much better, BUT only if its not faulty. There seems to be sensativity issues with the drum kit :(

cjdodd

OSNN Junior Addict
There is a little app you can download for your PC to change the sensativity of the drums over USB. Its on the GH:WT website

Rock Band 2 is the better buy. Cheaper and way better reviews than Guitar Hero WT. I have played both games and I prefer the guitar of RB2, but the drums of GHWT. Gamewise, RB all the way. So much more fun than the first. Peace.

vern

Dominus
Political User
Instruments: Guitar Hero: World Tour
Tracks: Rock Band 2

Instruments are compatible with each other, so yeah.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut