grrrrr

C

Carol

Hi again y'all...
'specially you, Dealer, cause I've an interesting password thing goin on....But first, I read in your 'favorite fujism' about how to get XP to logon under Admin w/out a password & checked out my setting there...unchecked...
Well, here's my story: Everything that has to do with a logon pass is DIS-abled, including TweakUI, (don't even have one in the original password box) yet I'd say every 30 days or so, when I start the puter, right after the black screen w/the arrow & right before the 'Starting Windows' screen, the puter gives a beep & a msg box zips by (by zips I mean it's not onscreen long enough to really read it let alone click ok!) but anyway, this thing flies by, but I know from experience that it's tellin me that my logon password will expire in a week or so...I DO NOT USE ONE, fer Pete's sake!!...
Mmm, last time this happened it finally got to the point where it stayed onscreen & I could go ahead thru the maneuvers to once again NOT fill in a password.....As if this isn't aggravating enough, during the whole time this password box is doin it's thing, Windows takes forever to load; like it sits at 'Starting Windows' (I never even see that screen when not dealing with the pass thingy) for prolly about 3-4 mins, then goes ahead and fully loads....Hmm, I'd say the whole boot process is about 5-6 mins during these li'l episodes, but my normal boot time is about a minute or so......
Anyone else out there experience this sort of thing?.....And I'd sure as he!! appreciate any ideas 'bout how to end this circus...*G*
Thanky!!..... C.

Iceman

Thanks for the reply, Iceman, but yup, been there/done that already.....no difference......Something else I discovered tho, is in the ctrl panel/security policy area I found the password was set for a maximum of 42 days - which makes sense when this rig-a-marole starts...Soooo, I just changed it to 0 and will now see what happens next time I boot....*G*

Well that was going to be my next suggestion, but glad to see you got it fixed:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back