Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what can I say? It's our loss, I'll remember BT as the best source for "bare bones" advice :p and he must have saved forum members many £/$/€ through his measured and considered posts and links. So I wish you well, take it as a personal decision apart from your 1st reason, which indeed sounds upsetting.

One other comment - yes indeed post counts are largely meaningless (quality not quantity is all!) but then again with VB3 we now have the little ticky thing, so long as we remember to use it this SHOULD be far more meaningful?

So - EP - if you're changing post count philosophy how about also changing things to show the "ticky thing" output alongside the post count? Surely the two combined are a better measure?
[edit]OOops - I misunderstood the icon - thought it was report good post as opposed to bad one! I know another forum that has this, kinda like the way p2p things boost your incoming if you give more outgoing... would this be doable here? To have a post feedback button? I think it would be cool - should I make a thread with the suggestion, or is there one out there already (off to search)[/edit]

withstupid.gif

BonyTony, Sorry you are leaving. It is tough when things change too drastically but it happens. Hope you pop by every once in a while and say hi. :(

As for post counts in the general area of the forums it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it not tally a post count there. Certain threads in the "general" area are to a point an outlet for members to just blab a bit or get a bit goofy. It would be a shame to remove them. I thing maybe we (the Mods and Admin) could possibly clean up some of these threads, "trim the fat" sort of so it's not too excessive.

As I have said before, post counts don't mean much to me personally, but I am with Gonaads here that it will be a shame to remove them. It's nice to know who the spammers are!;)

Sorry to see you go Bony. :(
Egos tend to get inflated a bit and things happen, it happens no matter where you go.
Post counts... buh, I pride myself in having LOW post counts :)

Yeah, I think what I will be doing is preventing posts from the general section from incrementing the post count.

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, I think what I will be doing is preventing posts from the general section from incrementing the post count.
good plan :)

*Edit* - or would it be possible to have it break down the #'s? like say:
135 - tech
13561362 - general

This thread is under review and no longer needed. Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back