get domain box to show in login box on IE6

S

syphon00

don't know if I'm posting in the right section, but I'm using XP and when try to log into my university's software server
the domain box won't show

the box I'm talking about is the log on box that shows up when you try to log into a protected site
usually in win9x a login box is consisted of userid,password, and domain

thanks for any help

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
To login to a domain you have to use the classic W2k login, so at your login screen hit ctrl alt delete twice and it will open the w2k login where you can type in the domain

S

syphon00

thanks but I think there's a little confusion
I'm not trying to log into my computer
just to a web site that's protected and
requires both userid,passwd and domain name

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
think I got it!....goto your internet properties in IE, then security, then custom lvl, then click enable where it says access data sources across domains :)

S

syphon00

thanks for helping out again, but I enabled that option and it still there's
no domain box

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllenDof