GeForce FX = Vacum

S

Seeking Up

Guest
#1
damn i was surfing around looking at this beast and i came around to this site, if u go to page 6 you can download the mp3 of the sound it makes compaired to the ati. im not giving all the credit to ATI cuz im still a NVIDIA guy but wow is all i gotta say. heres a quote from that site too "While testing the card in an open environment (i.e., outside of a PC case), the heatsink on the back of the card reached over 68° Celsius/ 154.4 Farenheit. In a closed PC case, the temperature should increase even more." & "You can hear the card even if you're in another room of the house" lol damn
Start
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030127/geforce_fx-02.html

MP3s
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030127/geforce_fx-06.html
 

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
#2
But keep in mind that the card is still in development status. nVidia created a card for the press (read Toms) to test its graphical abilities. These kind of glitches are to be removed when the card is released in stores.
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#3
Originally posted by Glaanieboy
But keep in mind that the card is still in development status. nVidia created a card for the press (read Toms) to test its graphical abilities. These kind of glitches are to be removed when the card is released in stores.
the card taped out in feb last year... you mean to say its been in development for ONE year ?

you seem to fail to understand that the card has been READY in its initial form for a bit.. but nvidia has had a few probs here and there based on various changes they have tried to implement when the 9700pro came out...

@ stock speeds it would have had less signal noise and perhaps could have gotten it away with less layers of PCB than the current card...

the card itself has been ready for many months... and I suspect they have been delaying the card to develop drivers... which are STILL extremely rickety....

if you go to hardware forums... the people posting have far more information than the PR department of nvidia it seems...

the card is NOT beta... it has been out for a while... nvidia is just trying to tweak it so it gives better performance and perhaps competes better with the 9700pro...

delays @ tsmc ? please...
 
#4
1st off the development line is not going to work since it has been accounced for a logn time, almost a year. lets just say nvidia created a chip that creates alot of heat. does that work for you?
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#5
Originally posted by Jz1397-4
1st off the development line is not going to work since it has been accounced for a logn time, almost a year. lets just say nvidia created a chip that creates alot of heat. does that work for you?
don't understand what you mean about the development line and not working?
 
P

PC-Dude

Guest
#7
Wow that is loud :eek: I was waiting for the FX but I think i will go with the Radeon 9700pro, cheaper and so far what I see not much real world difference.
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#8
Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
i'm guessin ...sayin that its in development can no longer be used as an excuse
okies... :)

when I re-read that post I see that...

just the sentence seemed to mean something else by its structure :)
 

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
#10
I dont care how long its been taped out, or how good the drivers are.


Drivers are not going to make that leaf blower mounted on it any smaller.
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#12
Originally posted by Geffy
I dont care how long its been taped out, or how good the drivers are.


Drivers are not going to make that leaf blower mounted on it any smaller.
:)

the company was hoping to have everything ready using low k-dielectrics :) meaning the temps and signal 'noise' would be less... but things just didn't work out that way...
 
#13
Originally posted by Sazar
don't understand what you mean about the development line and not working?
[CpK]Bastid - that is what i ment to say. the line "it is still in development" can not work because it has been there for almost a year.
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#14
Originally posted by Jz1397-4
[CpK]Bastid - that is what i ment to say. the line "it is still in development" can not work because it has been there for almost a year.
sorry :) like I said I did not understand it for whatever reasons...

thought you were sayng something else... just asked to make sure... :)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,970
Messages
673,297
Members
89,017
Latest member
Poseeut