GeForce FX = Vacum

S

Seeking Up

damn i was surfing around looking at this beast and i came around to this site, if u go to page 6 you can download the mp3 of the sound it makes compaired to the ati. im not giving all the credit to ATI cuz im still a NVIDIA guy but wow is all i gotta say. heres a quote from that site too "While testing the card in an open environment (i.e., outside of a PC case), the heatsink on the back of the card reached over 68° Celsius/ 154.4 Farenheit. In a closed PC case, the temperature should increase even more." & "You can hear the card even if you're in another room of the house" lol damn
Start
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030127/geforce_fx-02.html

MP3s
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030127/geforce_fx-06.html

But keep in mind that the card is still in development status. nVidia created a card for the press (read Toms) to test its graphical abilities. These kind of glitches are to be removed when the card is released in stores.

Originally posted by Glaanieboy
But keep in mind that the card is still in development status. nVidia created a card for the press (read Toms) to test its graphical abilities. These kind of glitches are to be removed when the card is released in stores.

the card taped out in feb last year... you mean to say its been in development for ONE year ?

you seem to fail to understand that the card has been READY in its initial form for a bit.. but nvidia has had a few probs here and there based on various changes they have tried to implement when the 9700pro came out...

@ stock speeds it would have had less signal noise and perhaps could have gotten it away with less layers of PCB than the current card...

the card itself has been ready for many months... and I suspect they have been delaying the card to develop drivers... which are STILL extremely rickety....

if you go to hardware forums... the people posting have far more information than the PR department of nvidia it seems...

the card is NOT beta... it has been out for a while... nvidia is just trying to tweak it so it gives better performance and perhaps competes better with the 9700pro...

delays @ tsmc ? please...

1st off the development line is not going to work since it has been accounced for a logn time, almost a year. lets just say nvidia created a chip that creates alot of heat. does that work for you?

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
1st off the development line is not going to work since it has been accounced for a logn time, almost a year. lets just say nvidia created a chip that creates alot of heat. does that work for you?

don't understand what you mean about the development line and not working?

i'm guessin ...sayin that its in development can no longer be used as an excuse

Wow that is loud :eek: I was waiting for the FX but I think i will go with the Radeon 9700pro, cheaper and so far what I see not much real world difference.

Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
i'm guessin ...sayin that its in development can no longer be used as an excuse

okies... :)

when I re-read that post I see that...

just the sentence seemed to mean something else by its structure :)

He he, the FX is takin a lot of flak on the net. Take a look at this
http://members.optushome.com.au/raver1/introduction.htm

and this
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4063

Some really funny stuff at the second one. Juiceman is the best.

and this one

nvidiaflow.gif

I dont care how long its been taped out, or how good the drivers are.

Drivers are not going to make that leaf blower mounted on it any smaller.

If it's quiet enough, you can hear my computer run from 2 rooms away :p

All I need now is that card.

Originally posted by Geffy
I dont care how long its been taped out, or how good the drivers are.

Drivers are not going to make that leaf blower mounted on it any smaller.

:)

the company was hoping to have everything ready using low k-dielectrics :) meaning the temps and signal 'noise' would be less... but things just didn't work out that way...

Originally posted by Sazar
don't understand what you mean about the development line and not working?
[CpK]Bastid - that is what i ment to say. the line "it is still in development" can not work because it has been there for almost a year.

[CpK]Bastid - that is what i ment to say. the line "it is still in development" can not work because it has been there for almost a year.

sorry :) like I said I did not understand it for whatever reasons...

thought you were sayng something else... just asked to make sure... :)

its ok sazar, we still love you

ok... new dilemma... is that a GOOD thing or a BAD thing

:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back