Game titles that work with Windows Vista

No, as far as I know the DX9 rollups update separate files that DX10 has nothing to do with. You don't need to download DX9c, all you need to do is get the latest DirectX rollup (December I think was the last one). The web installer might work for you too, to be honest I'm not sure.

Edit:

Ironicly, the the February Roll up came out today.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

Last edited:
I'm having trouble running Rainbow Six: Vegas.. it wants DX9c.dll.

Yeah, MS has the latest DirectX "rollup" out right now for Feb. I wouldn't recommend installing DirectX off game DVD's as you never know how old that version is exactly.

I'm testing Lord of the Rings Online and it actually runs better on Vista than XP. I had to step back the .net version from 3 to 1.1 to get it to work right but that's not too big of an issue.

Direct X off game media is not the entire Direct X runtime, usually. It's only the latest files from the SDK the game was built with and they usually don't overwrite previous (or newer) versions.

Why does LOTRO need .NET and how did you step back exactly? .NET 3.0 is baked into Vista so I'd be very interested to know how you managed to remove it. Looking at the Control Panel now and you cannot remove the framework - just some extra features.

Why does LOTRO need .NET and how did you step back exactly? .NET 3.0 is baked into Vista so I'd be very interested to know how you managed to remove it. Looking at the Control Panel now and you cannot remove the framework - just some extra features.
.NET supports a side-by-side (SxS) versioning system. So you can have the .NET 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 frameworks installed on the same system, and the appropriate version is used, depending on the application.

Rise of nations and Age of empires 3 works flawless on vista. 32bit.

World of Warcraft works, but nowhere near as fast as when I ran it on XP.

Civ IV and Warlords work fine
Call of Duty II works but you have to download and install Flash first for the installer to work.

I have installed Total War: Rome and Combat Mission III on my laptop trouble free

anyone having trouble running Oblivion on Vista?

Contemplating upgrading, but want to make sure my stuff will work first...

I played Oblivion with no problems on Beta 2 and RC1 of Vista. I don't see why the final release should be any worse :)

BF2 with 1.41 patch works on Vista 32bit with audigy2 zs platinum , but with cracks and pops while loading up before gameplay ..but like the previous statement of BF 2142 ...seems you need to set it to run as Admin.

Also, Second Life runs ..again using it as Admin.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
C&C 3 (few bugs)
LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online - none os related bugs)
WoW
Supreme Commander

These all work so far...

My WoW still doesn't run quite as well as it did on XP though, anyone else experiencing this?

I find WoW runs faster for me on Vista than it does with Xp.

Finding most issues with Vista and gaming for me have been sound glitches/pops/clicks.
Also find that some games take abit longer to load but still work or I have to change compatability settings for playing multiplayer matches.(Call of Duty 2 gave me Punkbuster issues til I changed compatability settings.)

So far Vista and gaming has treated me good though, can only keep getting better I think though.

Last edited:
lost planet, halo 2, all the valve games seem to run slow, but thats just because the of the source engine interfering with vista, but they work fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back