FTP Program that can Schedule Transfers

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
More of a general Windows Application question, but it has to be able to run on a server which I'm sure most/all do but wanted to be clear so I posted here.

I need an FTP program that allows scheduled transfers. I have been muddling with Filezilla's CMD Line Arguments for a little bit but it doesn't seem to run very reliably. Since they tout it as not being a great feature atm, and I need something reliable, I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. I know I can use built in CMD line stuff for Windows, but I need something a bit more robust and customizable.

TIA.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
That was one of the programs I was considering - have you actually used the scheduling feature and if you have, can you comment on how well it works?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I have not used it. But since I own licensing I guess I can try it out and report back.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
if you are running the same commands all the time, you can always use a command line ftp utility and schedule it through batch and answer files and the task scheduler

or, you can use the ncftp client which supports the bgget/bgput and allows for ncftpBatch to schedule.. NCFTP is my personal ftp client of choice (of course, i'm kind of a command line junkie...)

Both the bgget and bgput commands allow you to schedule when to do the transfers. They take a ``-@'' parameter, whose argument is a date of the form YYYYMMDDhhmmss (four digit year, month, day, hour, minute, second). For example, to schedule a download at 3 AM on November 6, you could try:

bgget -@ 19971106030000 /pub/idstuff/quake/q2_100.zip

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I have not used it. But since I own licensing I guess I can try it out and report back.
If you could, I would appreciate it. Drop everything else and do it now :lick: j/k

if you are running the same commands all the time, you can always use a command line ftp utility and schedule it through batch and answer files and the task scheduler

or, you can use the ncftp client which supports the bgget/bgput and allows for ncftpBatch to schedule.. NCFTP is my personal ftp client of choice (of course, i'm kind of a command line junkie...)
Yeah, I was using .bat files and Acronis to schedule it. Didn't need to use the task scheduler as I was running certain commands before the backup and then these uploads when the backups completed. Only problem is I ran into some limitations, and since it's not really a feature FileZilla touts, I didn't find much help on them. Totally fine since it is open source, was just looking for something a little better.

I will take a quick look at ncftpBatch, but I may want something that is also graphical so I can use one program for both.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
CuteFTP Pro can do what you want to do. You can even create your own macros and scripts.

Attachments

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Went with WS_FTP Pro and it works like a charm, thanks everybody :)

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
I still like ncftp better :p No cookie from me to madmatt! (not because you don't deserve one, but mostly because it says I have to spread some rep around before giving it to you again. :)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lennerttt