FTP Program that can Schedule Transfers

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
More of a general Windows Application question, but it has to be able to run on a server which I'm sure most/all do but wanted to be clear so I posted here.

I need an FTP program that allows scheduled transfers. I have been muddling with Filezilla's CMD Line Arguments for a little bit but it doesn't seem to run very reliably. Since they tout it as not being a great feature atm, and I need something reliable, I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. I know I can use built in CMD line stuff for Windows, but I need something a bit more robust and customizable.

TIA.

That was one of the programs I was considering - have you actually used the scheduling feature and if you have, can you comment on how well it works?

I have not used it. But since I own licensing I guess I can try it out and report back.

if you are running the same commands all the time, you can always use a command line ftp utility and schedule it through batch and answer files and the task scheduler

or, you can use the ncftp client which supports the bgget/bgput and allows for ncftpBatch to schedule.. NCFTP is my personal ftp client of choice (of course, i'm kind of a command line junkie...)

Both the bgget and bgput commands allow you to schedule when to do the transfers. They take a ``-@'' parameter, whose argument is a date of the form YYYYMMDDhhmmss (four digit year, month, day, hour, minute, second). For example, to schedule a download at 3 AM on November 6, you could try:

bgget -@ 19971106030000 /pub/idstuff/quake/q2_100.zip

I have not used it. But since I own licensing I guess I can try it out and report back.

If you could, I would appreciate it. Drop everything else and do it now :lick: j/k

if you are running the same commands all the time, you can always use a command line ftp utility and schedule it through batch and answer files and the task scheduler

or, you can use the ncftp client which supports the bgget/bgput and allows for ncftpBatch to schedule.. NCFTP is my personal ftp client of choice (of course, i'm kind of a command line junkie...)

Yeah, I was using .bat files and Acronis to schedule it. Didn't need to use the task scheduler as I was running certain commands before the backup and then these uploads when the backups completed. Only problem is I ran into some limitations, and since it's not really a feature FileZilla touts, I didn't find much help on them. Totally fine since it is open source, was just looking for something a little better.

I will take a quick look at ncftpBatch, but I may want something that is also graphical so I can use one program for both.

CuteFTP Pro can do what you want to do. You can even create your own macros and scripts.

Attachments

• schedule.jpg
    schedule.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 219
Went with WS_FTP Pro and it works like a charm, thanks everybody :)

I still like ncftp better :p No cookie from me to madmatt! (not because you don't deserve one, but mostly because it says I have to spread some rep around before giving it to you again. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back