Freezing misc parts

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I was just moved and really have no space for storage. So, I rented a storage room. The only prob is that it is outside and not heated. I was wondering if I'd do any damage to the misc pc parts I have sitting in a couple of boxes that I wanted to put in there. some of the parts are: cd-rom, ide cables, pci cards old motherboards etc.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Make sure nothing can get wet including the bottom of the box. It might flood when it rains. I'd be wrapping it up in some sort of material then in sealed plastic. Keep it all dry.

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Also; humidity accumulates places. Make sure whatever you are sealing it in is actually air tight, and won't let in water; humidity, etc.

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political User
And make sure nothing heavy falls and bashes the PC parts to pieces.

On a more serious note: as long as the temp is not higher than in a PC, and no water get to the parts (Including humidity), They are safe ;)

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
One other thing you should do is, any of those silica packages that come in shoe boxes and in other packages, put them into your containers. They will absorb any moistiure that tries to accumulate in the containers cause of the cold.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut